Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014
1. 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and o a sound mind.”
2. God does not give a spirit of fear to His his children. He does not want them to be paralyzed by fear, but He wants to deliver them from fear. Psalm 34:4 says, “I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”
3. God does want His children to have the fear of the Lord. There is a difference between fear and the fear of the Lord. Fear is painful emotion marked by alarm, dread, panic or disquiet. The fear of the Lord is awe or profound reverence.
4. Psalm 19:9: “The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgements of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.”
5. Psalm 111:10: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments.”
6. Proverbs 14:26-27: “In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.”
7. Proverbs 19:23: “The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied: he shall not be visited with evil.”
8. Psalm 2:11: “Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.”
9. Psalm 25:14: “The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his convenant.”
10. Psalm 33:18:
18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
11. Psalm 34:7-9:
7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
12. The Lord takes away the alarm and panic and gives strong confidence and life to those who fear Him. He puts an angel with them at all times, delivers them and takes care of all their needs. The fear of the Lord brings peace and blessing—–NOT ALARM!
LETS KEEP LIFECENTER AND THE FAMILIES OF LIFECENTER IN PRAYER!
Love you ALL!!